Important- ***Frag Swap 2012 details and Date change.**

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Important- ***Frag Swap 2012 details and Date change.**

Postby meisen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 am

The MARS Frag Swap will be held January 28th at VFW Post 7591-Cottage Grove Road
301 Cottage Grove Rd, Madison, WI 608-221-9326
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=301+Cotta ... 6&t=m&z=15

The swap will run from 12:00-3 pm. Swap admission is free for the general public and club members. There will be also be tickets for door prizes given out at the door.

We are currently booked for space.
Last edited by meisen on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
meisen

Re: Important- ***Frag Swap 2012 details and Date change.**

Postby meisen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 am

Just a bit of explanation for the above. This note was sent to our sellers and vendors yesterday, I wanted to let them know first so that they would at least hear it directly instead of reading it on a forum (or not):

First off, I want to sincerely apologize about this happening to our swap. And for it happening so late. We've been having some issues with the swap venue's availability and the timing of it and it looks like we just can't get it figured out for February 11th as originally planned. We were hoping to save some $$$ by splitting fees but it's just not going to work.

We did set up a contingency date of January 28th when we were first booking space so the plan is to move the swap to that date. Swap will still run from 12-3 pm and be at the Cottage Grove Road VFW in Madison. This way we get the whole space for the whole day with no rush on either end or a weird early morning run time. I am aware that this is the day before another large swap in the region, the Lansing swap. I am really hopeful that this works out for all our signed up vendors and sellers however I certainly would understand anyone changing their plans due to the late notice. Please take some time to decide if the swap still works for you and confirm your reservation with me in the next week or so.

Again, my apologies and let me know if I can do anything to make this last minute change any easier for you. We will be putting out more PR (with the updated swap information) than we ever have in the past so hopefully we'll see similar numbers to previous years.

Thanks for your understanding.
meisen

Postby cr8signs on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Just a note here, I just did a search on google for MARS and there is a listing of the swap meet, however it takes you to the website, and all that pops up is the date of FEB 7 12-3 at the MIddleton Fire Station, so that should be looked at or changed if possible.
cr8signs

Postby Sula on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:59 am

Happy swap day everyone - hope to see you all there!!
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby briankauf on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Just got back from the swap. If you're reading this and you're still thinking about going, GO! Another great turnout and great variety from the sellers! Congratulations and a BIG thank you to everyone who made the swap happen!
briankauf

Postby jeters123 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Well it was my first frag swap and wow did i have a great time.. thanks for all the vendors and local people that help set up a great meating
jeters123

Postby limpit on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:45 am

Thank you to all the MARS members who helped organize and run the swap.
I also would like to say thank you to everyone who stopped at my table.
It was a good turn out and I hope everyone went home with some awesome corals, I know I did!
limpit

Return to MARS General