Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

MARS Frag Swap 2022

Postby homanfam on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:41 am

Is there a location and date set yet?
homanfam

Re: MARS Frag Swap 2022

Postby stevenliu on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm

I have a feeling the Madison reefing community is really fall apart after the last reef store Living Art closed. And COVID really doesn’t help with event planning either. It is probably risky to book a venue only to be forced to cancel or postpone due to public health and safety concerns. Hopefully the situation changes once people take better measurements to help curb and subside the pandemic
stevenliu

Re: MARS Frag Swap 2022

Postby MadCityReefer on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:41 pm

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. With Living Art no longer in business it has hurt the local reefing community and no offense Pet World and Animart they don't count. Big Kahuna is working on a retail location but I'm sure they're having a hard time finding qualified employees to help out. Then there is me. I'm stepping back for a bit on selling corals and hosting shows. Need to concentrate on my family for a bit and hopefully get my house in order to sell eventually. Having a full established reef tank and grow out system doesn't make that easy. I'm sure I'll be back into it 100% eventually and I think we will have a local speciality shop again. Hopefully sooner than later!
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Return to MARS General